Your session is just around the corner. Here is everything you’ll need to know to make sure it is a smashing success.
1. Try to keep your baby awake and active for at least 30 minutes before the session and then give them a full feeding. A little tummy time, sponge bath, and belly full of milk usually makes for one sleepy baby
2. Dress the baby in a simple onesie and cozy blanket or just a diaper and blanket. Neutral muslin swaddles and soft woven blankets are great for these relaxed shoots.
3. Sessions will include photos of the family, siblings (fur siblings too!), each parent with the baby, and portraits of the baby on her/his own. I usually work in the main living room, master bedroom, and nursery or wherever natural light is best.
4. We want the baby to be the star of the show so I recommend wearing neutral or light colored clothing with no large logos or patterns.
Mom & Dad
- For moms, try to find something that you will be comfortable in and have a backup option that you love as well. Textures like lace and knit photograph great. A flowy dress is key.
- For dads to be, I recommend a solid colored shirt or henley. Often times jeans and pants will wear out in an obvious pattern around phones and wallets so it is a good idea to buy a new pair of pants for the occasion.
- The key for a successful session is being comfortable. Clothes should fit properly. Have a quick wardrobe check before the session. Manicure hands for close up photos. Wear light make up. Style your hair.
- If you are unsure of what to wear, email me a few photos of your outfits and I will be happy to help you narrow choices.
- Bring some cute props such as handmade toys, sonogram pictures, baby booties and a baby book with cute illustrations.
During the session, remember to relax and have fun! These are very low stress, laid-back photos, and I will guide you through simple poses and prompts the entire time.
Great photos are the result of honest moments. You are encourage to play and interact with your loved ones, a kiss, a hug, hold hands, tickle, be present and engaged.
After the session
Within 6-14 days, you will receive your full digital gallery. Be sure to download these photos and have a backup if possible.
See you soon!